cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help I've bee hacked, need info about data usage.

JasonE
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is there a way I can get the details of where my data is going? I've been hacked on my iPhone and I'm pretty sure the spyware is making my data go way up. From what I've researched if I can get ahold of the ip addresses My data is being routed to i can begin to find out who's responsible.

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@JasonE how long has this been happening? iPhone is know to use alot of data, reads this article here and try some of the steps and see if it helps.

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Fido provides a daily data usage on your bill, you can use it to find out on which day your phone is using more data than intended.

iphone 'settings' have an option to see how much on air data is being used by each app, this will provide you with an idea which app has the 'spyware'

my initial guess would be your iphone apps downloading unnecessary data, you need to be proactive in blocking certain apps from using data, Facebook, sportifly, netflex comes into mind.

you might be at home with wifi but forgot to turn on wifi.

there are apps that can monitor your daily data usage and alert you once it pass a set limit. My Data Manager is a free app you can try.

Hey @JasonE !

It's been a little while. Did any of these suggestions help?

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @JasonE!

Welcome to the Community!

We can't tell you that kind of information, however if you look at your per-app usage you'll have a good idea of which application is using your data. 

Can you tell me exactly what makes you think you've been hacked?

If you've been hacked I strongly suggest you wipe out your phone and start fresh to remove any trace of any unwanted application.