cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid same bill twice

ABulyukt
I'm a participant level 2

hi there, my invoice was paid twice through two separate transactions (for non-related reasons). Where the money will go? Is there a way to credit my account for the amount I paid extra? i've read posts on community, and it seems that Fido is extremely reluctant to resolve this type of things. I'm afraid my money is lost. 

6 REPLIES 6

FidoFaiza

Hi @ABulyukt!

Is your account currently active? If yes, then as @Cawtau mentionned, the overpayment will simply be used as a credit on your account which means it will be used towards next month's bill. 

Sounds good? 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ABulyukt,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure why you think Fido is reluctant so resolve this type of issue. Fido, like any other institution that gets paid, will simply credit your account with any additional funds. Since a credit is what you're looking for, this shouldn't be an issue.

On the other hand, some customers do not want credit but rather a refund of the monies. In this scenario, Fido has suggested those customers contact their credit card company or bank to cancel the second payment. It's simpler (and faster) to cancel the second payment rather than going through the procedure of processing a refund. Fido is not reluctant to return the money; they want to their customers to receive it in a timely manner.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Cheers

ABulyukt

Thank you for the quick response, guys! You've been a great help Smiley

iamtrangdoan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi everyone,

I've just checked my bank statement and found out that my most recent bill was double charged by Fido. 

In this case, will that overcharged amount be credited toward my next bill and I don't need to do anything? Or do I have to contact Fido and tell them the issue? 

Has anyone encountered such a thing please let me know what you did. Thank you so much in advance!

Hey @iamtrangdoan!

Did the solution in this thread help with your situation?

Let us know if you still need help!

Hey iamtrangdoan!

I've moved your post to this thread as it appears to be related. 

Does your second payment appear on our end? Has it been posted to your account?

In that case, you can find everything you need to know in the solution above! 

Let us know if you have any more questions!