Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable outgoing sms & enable incoming sms

id4vip
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hello

If I have a Fido Tablet Data only plan (i.e. 3GB /$15), is it possible by FIDO System or by FIDO representative that they block all incoming calls, outgoing calls & outgoing sms, the things only allowed incoming SMS (which are free) & data transfer, I request for that type of feature to  FIDO representative & he  told me it is not possible for him, he can only able to do  either enable or disable  both incoming calls /incoming text in pair not individually. He told me both these feature are controlled by one command in there system so the only possible things are incoming calls/incoming  text allowed or not allowed. But in many online forums many people claims that they are able to get incoming sms even without outgoing sms allowed.

Or

Is there is any trick to do that? Like each provider/carrier having some message  center number in cell phone (hardware). If I put 00000000 value there the phone is not able to send any text as gateway number is wrong.

Help appreciated

**Edited to add label

12 REPLIES 12

mail2rst
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I want to disable these servicies

*Outgoing voice calls

*Incoming Voice Calls

*Outgoing SMS

only things i want to allowed are :

*Incoming SMS

*LTE Data Transfer

if possible please make this thing happen for my line

Hey there @mail2rst!

As previously mentioned, we can block all incoming communication, all outgoing communication or both, for calls and texts. In other words, incoming calls and incoming SMS will be restricted together and they cannot be independently restricted from one another.

That being said, your mobile data can remain active even if we disable all other communications on your device. If you'd like us to apply these change, simply send us a PM/DM on Facebook or Twitter. Alternatively you can reach out to use through one of these channels or we can send you a PM on this platform.

Hope this clarifies and let us know if you have any questions :).

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

u can use textnow app to txt and call. while on lte or wifi. then shut app or disable app. then reenable app. done. 

NESSASHE
I'm a participant level 1

Is it possible to block outgoing messages and outgoing calls for just one billing cycle, but still have incoming calls and text messages?

Hello there @NESSASHE !

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Yes, the outgoing block blocks both outgoing calls and SMS, and as for the incoming block, it blocks both incoming calls and SMS, both are independent from one another.

It is possible to add it and remove it on the date that you'd like! Hope this helps. 

id4vip
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Please send me PM, i will reply that PM with all my account detail.

thanks

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Awesome sending you a PM now. Smiley

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @id4vip!

Sorry to read you didn't get the proper information when you contacted us. We can add a block for outgoing text messages for you and you will still be able to receive text messages as well so no worries on that. Smiley  However, if you want to block incoming calls, that feature also blocks incoming text messages.

Let us know if you want us to send you a PM to sort this out with  you. 

pychen2001

Hi, I've requested keeping incoming text messages but blocking all calls and outgoing text services. But, it seems that incoming text has been blocked as well. Could you please PM me as well, then I update you my account number to help me reopen incoming text service? Thanks.

Hi there @pychen2001

Thanks for reaching out! We can block Outgiong text messages, without blocking Incoming text messages Smiley If there's been a mistake there, I'd love to sort that out ASAP!

Keep note: this block/restriction isn't available to Prepaid services. 

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further!

sigma

@FidoCatherine Hi can you PM me so I can get the same services done to my plans aswell Very_Happy

Hi there @sigma 

A PM is on it's way so we can go ahead & block your outgoing SMS Smiley