Highlighted
I’m savvy

Disable outgoing sms & enable incoming sms

[ Edited ]

Hello

If I have a Fido Tablet Data only plan (i.e. 3GB /$15), is it possible by FIDO System or by FIDO representative that they block all incoming calls, outgoing calls & outgoing sms, the things only allowed incoming SMS (which are free) & data transfer, I request for that type of feature to  FIDO representative & he  told me it is not possible for him, he can only able to do  either enable or disable  both incoming calls /incoming text in pair not individually. He told me both these feature are controlled by one command in there system so the only possible things are incoming calls/incoming  text allowed or not allowed. But in many online forums many people claims that they are able to get incoming sms even without outgoing sms allowed.

Or

Is there is any trick to do that? Like each provider/carrier having some message  center number in cell phone (hardware). If I put 00000000 value there the phone is not able to send any text as gateway number is wrong.

Help appreciated

**Edited to add label

Accepted Solution

Re: Disable outgoing sms & enable incoming sms

Hey @id4vip!

Sorry to read you didn't get the proper information when you contacted us. We can add a block for outgoing text messages for you and you will still be able to receive text messages as well so no worries on that. Smiley Happy  However, if you want to block incoming calls, that feature also blocks incoming text messages.

Let us know if you want us to send you a PM to sort this out with  you. 

View solution in context
Message 1 of 8 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @id4vip!

Sorry to read you didn't get the proper information when you contacted us. We can add a block for outgoing text messages for you and you will still be able to receive text messages as well so no worries on that. Smiley Happy  However, if you want to block incoming calls, that feature also blocks incoming text messages.

Let us know if you want us to send you a PM to sort this out with  you. 

Message 2 of 8 (503 Views)
I’m savvy

Please send me PM, i will reply that PM with all my account detail.

thanks

Message 3 of 8 (494 Views)

Awesome sending you a PM now. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8 (493 Views)
I’m an amateur

Hi, I've requested keeping incoming text messages but blocking all calls and outgoing text services. But, it seems that incoming text has been blocked as well. Could you please PM me as well, then I update you my account number to help me reopen incoming text service? Thanks.

Message 5 of 8 (451 Views)

Hi there @pychen2001

Thanks for reaching out! We can block Outgiong text messages, without blocking Incoming text messages Smiley Happy If there's been a mistake there, I'd love to sort that out ASAP!

Keep note: this block/restriction isn't available to Prepaid services. 

I'll send you a PM so we can discuss this further!

Message 6 of 8 (424 Views)
I’m an amateur

@FidoCatherine Hi can you PM me so I can get the same services done to my plans aswell Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8 (353 Views)

Hi there @sigma 

A PM is on it's way so we can go ahead & block your outgoing SMS Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 8 (344 Views)
Discussion Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation