cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted SMS to re-activate data after $50 overages

Egalang
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I got a text from Fido saying my data was temporarily on hold and to click on the link to agree to extra charges to have it turned back on. I accidentally deleted this message, how do I get to the link to turn data back on?

6 REPLIES 6

FidoChristina
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Egalang!

Welcome to the community!

Sadly, the link to turn data back on can't be resent. Not to worry though, you can simply open up a web browser and you'll be redirected to the acceptance page where you'll be asked to accept the charges before proceeding.

In the future, you can contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter for help related to your account Smiley

cdmarch
I'm a participant level 1

this didnt work for me. I tried opening up a ton of apps. Textting go to 3330 does work though!

Hey @cdmarch,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

That's odd!

Can you tell me if you received a message back from us confirming that the data was unblocked? Have you tried restarting your phone to see if that helps?

Finally can you tell me your billing cycle date as well?

Thanks!

dianamsoueid

Hello, I recently went over my data by $50 so now my data is locked (Cell Phone) how do I continue to use my data even though I went over it? I didn't get a text I just got a notification saying I went over, I just wanna continue using it even after being over it. 

Hey @dianamsoueid ,

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here since it is about the same topic. You can refer to @FidoNick's solution above for your answer Smiley

Let us know if anything!

Hey everyone! 

Although this thread is an older one, I did want to provide an updated solution as it's now possible to resume your data services if you deleted the text message we sent you! Smiley

All you have to do is text GO to the number 3330. You can also do this if you want to pre-consent to data overages over $50 for the current cycle if you're anticipating heavy data usage.

You can also re-activate your data from My Account on Fido.ca. 

Only authorized customers can consent to keep using data. Once you provide consent, it applies to all numbers on the account. It's important to know that data and roaming consent are separate.

Hope this helps! Very_Happy