Occasional Contributor
NickFora

FidoDollars are useless.

[ Edited ]

The only things you can buy with FidoDollars are old ugly phones and options like call forwarding and evening start at 5.. I have an unlimited plan and a iPhone 4.. what can I do with those FidoDollars?

The only thing I would want to buy is a iPHONE CHARGER FOR CAR and there is no way to buy accessory like we use to be able to. This is complete . FIDO DOLLARS ARE USELESS

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Randy2727

Re: FidoDollars are useless.

FidoDollars are also a free bonus for being a Fido customer. 

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Randy2727 wrote:

FidoDollars are also a free bonus for being a Fido customer. 

No they are not. Their are neither free nor for being a current Fido customer.

You acquire them as you spend, so not free. Also, they cannot be spent unless you sign another agreement, so they are not a reward for being a customer now, they are a reward for agreeing to be one in the future.

Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Gold Wizard
nick67

FidoDollars are a bonus, a perk. All the other cell phone providers don't give you bonus dollars to spend so be grateful for what you're getting. Fido isn't obligated to give you FidoDollars. However, I do agree that the terms for spending your FidoDollars are a bit restricting, but I'm happy to at least get these dollars. My last two carriers (Koodo & Virgin Mobile) didn't offer me anything like this.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
NickFora

The problem is

they gave us the opportunity to buy accessories with those FidoDollars before and they removed that.

that is showing how much they care about their clients..

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

Why should one be grateful? They are literally worthless until and unless you sign a renew contract and even then are are worth $25 less than accumulated value because of the new fee. Your old carrier didn't give koodo dollars, but the give unlimited long distance in their plans... That is actual, measurable value.

I am not saying they are bad. I just disagree with the suggestion they are free. They are not. They cost to collect and to redeem. What part of that is free?
Feel free to click 'Accept as Solution' if I've answered your question. If you like my post click Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
agoldenberg

This is simply untrue.

I had $60 fido dollars last month and used them in my outright purchase of an Xperia Pro and was not required to sign any kind of contract.

So my Xperia cost me $60 less than retail.

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

agoldenberg wrote:

This is simply untrue.

I had $60 fido dollars last month and used them in my outright purchase of an Xperia Pro and was not required to sign any kind of contract.

So my Xperia cost me $60 less than retail.

I should have been more clear. With SmartPhones you need a data contract. If you already have one, then they don't make you renew it. Only if your data contract has lapsed. Since the Xperia Pro is a smartphone, then yes, you have a data contract.

Please use plain text.
Gold Veteran
WickyLeBlond

Saying that you need to renew to be able to use your FidoDollars is simply untrue. You can use your FidoDollars to buy a new phone outright, which could actually save you from renewing your contract.

Also, to add an option for a period for 1-2 months using FidoDollars does not require a renewal either (that would just be stupid actually.)

I don't disagree that removing possibilites such as buying options or paying your bill using FidoDollars doesn't suck, but people really have to stop complaining about them.

I'm in no way trying to defend Fido on this, because even if I do work for Fido, it's probably one of the companies that is lowest in my esteem. I'm just tired of people complaining that you can't do what you want for something that Fido is GIVING YOU FOR FREE! No, you aren't paying extra to get FidoDollars. You're paying the same amount as with the other providers, only that you are receiving a credit towards your next phone. Also, before people start jumping on the "yeah, but I have to pay a 25$. They're totally trying to steal from me subject" just take the time to look around. Take for example Solo Mobile: You have to pay the phone in store, you have the 35$ fee and you don't get an extra credit because they don't have FidoDollars.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Please use plain text.
Diamond Aristocrat
10yearfido

"The FidoDollars available can only be used toward the purchase of Fido phones (other than smartphones, unless a participant subscribes to a Data option with a commitment period or to prepaid service) laptop internet devices (with a subscription to a Data option with a commitment period) or the option services identified at s. 1, in each case, from among those available at the time of FidoDollars redemption, or toward $20 increments of prepaid airtime. Each FidoDollar corresponds to one (1) dollar applicable to the regular price in effect at the time of FidoDollars redemption, including applicable taxes, except for taxes applicable to option services which cannot be paid using FidoDollars. FidoDollars have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash. FidoDollars can only be used in accordance with the present terms and conditions and participants cannot sell, buy, give, transfer or otherwise dispose of their FidoDollars without Fido's prior written consent. Only the account holder or any authorized user designated by the account holder may redeem available FidoDollars or otherwise manage the FidoDollars associated with that account. Fido may validate the identity of any account holder or authorized user before allowing them to redeem any FidoDollars."-Fido Rewards TOS

Sounds like you need a data contract for SmartPhones to me. If your data option is not on a contract or has expired or you don't have one, then you will have to add or renew your data contract.

Please use plain text.