Did you mean: 

How to activate new SIM card

alsaediahned
I'm a participant level 2

Hi I have new SIM card I want active my SIM cards

81 REPLIES 81

Hey @Baljitkaur

SIM cards for monthly accounts can only be activated on Fido.ca via MyAccount or in a Fido store. For prepaid accounts it can only be done in a store.

To do it on Fido.ca, sign-in to your account. You'll first be redirected to your Account's Overview. From there, click on Show all lines (if you have multiple lines) > Select your phone number from the list > Click on View Usage & Manage > Scroll down to Quick Actions > Click the link Update SIM Card.

Keep in mind that for a postpaid account, if you do not have the old SIM Card number then activation on Fido.ca will not work. You must pass by a store to activate your SIM card.

Hope this helps! 😀

***Updated on June 24th 2021***

Maulikk

can anbody have an idea how to activate a simcard, i don't have the old sim card number can anybody please help me to activate new sim asasp..!!

thanks

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Maulikk! I moved your post here as it deals with the same topic. 

If you do not have the old SIM Card number then activation on Fido.ca will not work. You must pass by a store to activate your SIM card.

Hope this helps Smiley

Baljitkaur

Hi 

myphone143
I'm a participant level 1

how do I update my sim card, I got a new sim card

Hey @myphone143

I moved your post to this thread since the answer to your question can already be found here

Julia081989

I.m trying to update SIM card. I took a number directly from the card. It says this is not a Sim associated with your phone. Please help.

Hey @Julia081989

Welcome to Fido Community Smiley

I have moved your post in this thread as it deals with the same topic.

Hopefully you'll find the answer here.

If you still need help with that, you can contact us and we'd be happy to update it for you.

Abzb

Hi I like to activate my Sim card but I can't and I'm getting so mad that I'm about to make my phone please can you help me

Marat1

Hello 

i just got a new simcard because the previous one I have lost and now I have some problems with activating it.

on My Account, there is no button Activate simcard. why is that and what I need to do?

Hey @Marat1

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here so you can find the answer to your question Smiley

Don't hesitate to contact us if anything 

orion_squall

Hi,

The procedure to update SIM card online seems user-friendly when I login. I would like to confirm a few things before my new phone arrive:

1. My 5 years old phone and SIM card is a Micro. My new phone has LTE support, so in order to get LTE, I will have to order a new NANO SIM card which has LTE capabilities?

2. Do I need to do some cutting of the new SIM card to make it a NANO size?

3. Will my phone number or plan get altered or disturbed with installation of a new NANO SIM. I have BYOP plan and my assumption/knowledge is that updating a SIM card shall not alter any of it.

Hey orion_squall!

If you need a new SIM card, because your old SIM card is a different format or a newer SIM card is required in order to take advantage of all the features of your new device, a new SIM card will come with your new device. There is no need to order one separately. 

Our SIM card now come in a multi-SIM format that supports Regular, Micro and Nano formats, which means that you can break off the SIM card in the size that you need for your phone. 

Your phone number and plan will not change is any way by activating a new SIM card on your line. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi alsaediahned & welcome to the Community. Smiley

To activate your SIM card, you simply need to log into Fido.ca, select the Services tab, and click on Mobile. You'll then see the option Update SIM Card.

Cheers!

D15

Is anyone not going to metion this SERVICES TAB DOES NOT EXIST???? Ok im @ fido.ca "Shop" "My account" "Support" I "CTNL F" , no services button. I can get into "Self-Service" But once again no where to click to enter my SIM card number. I get "Devices" "repair request" and "Device Protection" ..... WHERE IS THIS SERVICES TAB WITH A MOBILE BUTTON TO CLICK ON TO ENTER MY SIM CARD???

Hello D15,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, do you have pre-paid or post-paid services? If you have pre-paid services, you will not be able to update your SIM card online and would need to go to a Fido store with ID (see here).

On the other hand, if you have post-paid services, you should note that the website has changed slightly since that solution was posted. You should be able to update your SIM card from your My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there, you would need to select Update SIM card (near bottom of page under Quick Actions).

**edit** You might need to click on Profile & Settings before you'll be able to access the Usage & Services tab**

If you are unable to update your SIM card that way, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You may be required to go to a Fido store with ID as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

marcinchady

There is nothing "simple" about it, because it asks you for the old SIM number. What if there is no old SIM number, because you've just opened a new plan?

Hey @marcinchady and thanks for reaching out.

It would ask the old sim card if you click on *CHANGE SIM CARD* on your online account.

It would not ask you this for a brand new activation.

If you have trouble activating your sim card, don't hesitate to let us know.

marcinchady

It would have been helpful if you gave me a link to a brand new activation. I searched for it a long time last night and didn't find it.

Hey there,

Happy to learn that you're thinking of activating with us Smiley

You can complete the process here.

The link can also be found at the bottom left of our main page.

Hope this helps!

oceanstar0o

Could I also get someone to pm me to help with new sim activation as I also cant do it online to switch from my old sim to my new sim. Thanks