cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WARN of exceeding calling minutes !!!!!!!!!!

JXinBOX
I'm a participant level 1

Dear WONDERFUL Fido,

Thank u for ur perfect service with no warning of exceeding calling minutes in package but just got and email that my bill of this month is over 300 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I really say that can you warn me once I ve used my calling time like DATA? 

Feel so Happy!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi JXinBOX!

There are no notifications sent for the minutes used since there are multiples ways available for you to track your minutes, such as: 

- *3337 from your Fido phone 

- *611 from your Fido phone

- Fido My Account smartphone application

- Your online account on Fido.ca

Hope this helps!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

Just came across this old thread and thought I should update it!

Monthly plans that were activated on or after July 4, 2012 include the Minute Tracker. The Minute Tracker will send you a text when you reach 90% and 100% of your usage.

Hope this helps!

viviankt

In the past I have always received a minute tracker alert when nearing my 400 weekday minutes however, NO WARNING GIVEN LAST MONTH!. I usually pay $50 per month, this month's bill is more than double! As it happens my contract runs out this month. I DO get the Fido messages regarding phone upgrades which would lock me in a 2 year contract! (Oct. 2019).

Hey @viviankt,

The Minute Tracker alerts are sent on an informative basis and are a courtesy offer. We strongly recommend keeping an eye on your usage to avoid any over usage through the methods posted above:

- *3337 from your Fido phone 

- *611 from your Fido phone

-  Fido My Account smartphone application

-  Your online account on Fido.ca

Also, it's important to note that the message will not be sent if you are out of a service zone, if you're under the Extended Network or the phone is not turned on for a period of 3 days.

If you'd like us to revise your account, you can reach out here.