cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to a prepaid plan

ALISHIBAZ
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

I am considering converting my prepaid account to one of your prepaid "pay by the month" plan. Specifically the one for $15.75 per month.

Can you please tell me exactly what would I get for paying you $15.75.

The rate for airtime minutes is just about the same. The only difference I see is that I would get "unlimited text messages".

I currently pay about $0.25 for sending and receiving text messages.

$15.75 is equivalent to 63 text messages at $0.25 each.

So, if I were to send or receive 63 text messages under my current prepaid arrangement, that would cost me $15.75.

Am I right in summarizing the benefit of that plan as being if I were to convert to that plan, the only way it would benefit me would be if I sent or received more than 63 text messages every month?

Somehow, I can't believe that can be right because it seems like an extremely tiny benefit. Perhaps some people send or receive more than 63 text messages every month. But somehow, I have a hard time believing that.

They would have to make more than 63 text messages every month because any month in which they sent or received less than 63 text messages, they would pay $15.75 which would be more than they would pay if they just paid 25 cents per message.

At any rate, please tell me whether I am correct in thinking the only real benefit to me in converting to that $15.75 plan would be if I make more than 63 text messages every month. Is that correct?

I'm trying to decide whether I understand the benefits of this plan or not and whether it could ever make sense for me.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Recieving a text message is always free, only sending a text message may occur a charge.

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey ALISHIBAZ! 

The $15.75 plan gives you unlimited text messages to Canadian, US and International wireless numbers along with a preferred rate of $0.30/minute for local calls. If you have the basic By the Minute plan, you're currently paying $0.40/minute. 

Both plans are great, it's really a matter of what's more convenient for you. 

-Rachel