cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect billing

Nngo2k
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Around December 15, 2017, give or take a few days, I canceled Fido home internet because it was unable to match a competitors.

I was told that my billing cycle ended December and I have 5 days after to return the modem or pay a fee for not return the modem on time.

On Dec 18, the competitor set up a new modem, and the Fido modem was unplugged. I tried to return it at a Fido store the same day but was told that the work order wasn't activated yet.  I was instructed to wait until Dec 20 and have up to 5 days to return the modem.

On December 21, I came back to the same store and again I was told that the work order wasn't activated. This time I insisted that the sales associate call customer support and get it done. He took back the modem and I was told that everything was resolved.

On December 23, I received an email stating my next invoice balance was $0.

However, when I checked my online account I was charged $0.87 for adding internet service on Dec 21 (the day I returned the modem) then charged $8 for modem rental for Dec 21 to Jan 20.

I called customer support, was on hold for over 1 hour.  The service rep told me not to worry about it, he removed my billing info from my account and applied a refund of $7.74 (against $8.87 outstanding charge?)  I trusted that he knew what he was doing.

On Jan 20, 2018, I was charged $0.18 for late payment fee for a billing mistake, complicated modem return procedure and incorrect reversal charge.

I will pay the late payment because I dont want this against my credit score. Please fix this billing issue. I do not owe Fido any money: I returned the modem on time, stopped using the modem 2 days prior to the end of the billing cycle and I have always paid my bills on time.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Nngo2k!

That definitely doesn't seem right. Sad I'll send you a PM to take a closer look into this. Chat soon. Smiley