cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't ever get home internet

Yauguste
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have  been trying to get home internet set up  with fido for over a month.

The Frist modem they gave would randomly reset its self so I called 3x to fix the issue finally they send out a tech. It work properly for 2 day then goes back to the resetting. I call and ask for an exchange. The exchange takes 3 hrs because 1 they didn't want to verify me based on all the info I gave 2 the rep didnt process an exchange in their end. It takes me threatening to move all my services to another company to finally be helped. I take the modem home and it won't connect to the internet, I call in again and I've told I have to wait 24 hours to be set up. 24 hours past still no internet so I called again and I'm told that I should have been told in the first place that there was a glitch in their system and I had to wait 7 to 12 business days before I could be helped. At this point I'm beyond frustrated and angry so I just wanted to cancel the service and again I'm told I have to wait 7 to 12 business days to cancel because of the glitch, which I didn't understand the glitch had nothing to do with me I didn't cause it so it shouldn't interrupt anything I needed done. So I just return the modem and I waited for the cancellation to happen mind you this all happened on October 20th or around there and the cancellation wasn't processed until yesterday let's be on the 7 to 12 business days that's beyond any reasonable time someone has to wait. That just do to my building there's only certain companies that can service my building cuz it's new I was so frustrated and tired with looking through your company I decided to get Fido one more chance and what a mistake that was. I got a modem on Friday and I still don't have insurance I am told the same glitches present and I have to wait again 7 to 12 business days to be helped. Keep in mind this entire time that I don't have home internet I'm using the data on my phone so so I've had crazy overage charges which I refused to pay so they wrote it off as they should have also refused to pay any of the bills that they sent me because I have not had internet and I don't even think they should have said that that was a slap in the face to send those. Now service reps are lying to me about when their customer service people are in the in the building to process any of my request. Their website says 7 to 8 p.m. I call it 5 p.m. how is no one Able to help me when your website says 8 p.m. and I've spoken to people late multiple times trying to deal with this issue but suddenly there's no one there to deal with me. I'm just telling the story so if you ever think about getting Fido internet don't they're manipulative they're Liars they're dishonest and Monday morning I'm making sure anything I have from Fido is canceled and switched over to someone else cuz I have no trust no belief in them I have been a long-time customer very long time customer and to be disrespected and treated in such a heinous manner is disgusting

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Yauguste!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our home internet set up and service should be quick, easy, and hassle-free. I do apologise if this was not the case and I assure you that this is not at all the type of service we want for any of our customers to experience,

I would love the chance to take a second look at things with you. I'm sending you a PM so we can get started!

See you there Smiley