cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental Controls

sheng30
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there. I'm looking into changing our internet provider from Teksavvy to Fido. We use Linksy's router and we love the Parental Control that comes with it where we block the kids internet on specific times like from 5-7 PM for homework and from 10PM til 8 AM.

Does Fido Internet have this option?

***Edited to add Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

sheng30
Thanks so much for the replies! That's good to know. 😊

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@sheng30 wrote:

... We use Linksy's router and we love the Parental Control that comes with it where we block the kids internet on specific times like from 5-7 PM for homework and from 10PM til 8 AM.

Does Fido Internet have this option?

Hello Sheng30,

Welcome to the community!

If I am not mistaken, Fido's modem is the Hintron CGN3AMF and also functions as a router. One of the features of the model is Parental Controls.

CGN3.jpg

Taken from here.

I would assume the controls would be similar to those you are familiar with. However, if you preferred, you could continue to use your Linksys router by using the Fido modem/router in Bridge mode.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@sheng30 The parental control is not a feature provided by your internet provider its a feature provided by the hardware you use. While ISP modems usually do not have such detail features like you can get from using a router you can contine to use your existing Linkys router to still have the feature.