Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Cancel Account

kow
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Fido Community,

I called in to cancel Fido internet last Friday and was told that the account cancellation was good to go and I only need to return the modem to a Fido store within 5 days.  I went into the Fido store today (Monday) and they told me that the cancellation request didn't go through and they couldn't do a modem return.  The lady at the Fido kiosk was super helpful and called in support for me but support told her that whoever did my cancellation messed up and now they are not able to close my account at all even if I call in.

The support on the phone was able to create a support case for me but she said that it'll take maybe 30 days to resolve.  Is there anyone here that can help me or had similar issues?

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3

willBgone
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am getting the same BS from Fido. I wanted to cancel tonight, but in a couple hrs. I was told earlier that i can chat back later to cancel.

chatted and was told i could not cancel, need to wait until 9am for cust ser. I just got copy and paste msg from the support person.

I have been lied to for weeks now, ever since i inquired about cancelling. i think they do it to make a little more money. a little more times a lot of people is a lot.

Scam company and just terrible, condescending reps. so glad when i finally get out. BUT, now my next provider may not be able to hook me up if fido is still active. total bs.

Hey @willBgone

It's unfortunate that you feel this way about us. We always aim to be 100% transparent with our customers when it comes to the services they are paying for. Our goal is to provide the best service we can for our customers. Although, we hate to see our customers leave us, we understand their need to look for what's best for them.

You can reach our customer service any time during their operation hours to place a cancellation request. Alternatively, we can also send you a PM here. 

Let us know what you prefer.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @kow,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to learn that there was trouble with the cancellation of your account, this is really not the kind of experience we want you to have with us!

I'll need to take a closer look at the account to see what's going on. 

PM coming your way shortly Smiley