Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread for reporting SMS spam

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I have been forwarding my spam email-to-SMS to @FidoStephen via PMs to help improve the spam filter for sms.fido.ca

Recently, another community member also posted a similar spam SMS they received. Perhaps a thread dedicated to collecting examples of these types of SMS spam might also help improve the spam filter.

Thoughts?

Cheers

562 REPLIES 562

Jasmine_727
I'm a participant level 1

If you get a text message from a 4 or 5 digit number (maybe 3993) that says..

"Hi, it's Fido. You've been refunded ..... $ due to an overcharge on your last bill. Click here to claim your funds: intrafund.info/interac" 

DO NOT click on that link!! IT IS A SCAM!!  Fido does NOT send text msgs or emails to issue refunds or credits!

If you're not sure.. call fido at 611. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM! I called fido and this is definately not from their company. If a credit is due, they would apply it to the account right away when you speak to their rep on the phone.. NOT send customers links thru texts. 

Hello Eunisk7,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! That is most definitely a SPAM scam. You can copy and forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation and hopefully added to the SPAM filter (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

eunisk7

Today I've got text message from 3993 twice like this. 

'Hi it's fido: you have received 53.45$ of overcharge. Please click the following link in order to claim your funds. 

and interac link was there. 

Is it scam message?

RyguyW

Hi guys be carful of a scam that’s using Fidos number 399-9. I received one that read: Hi, it's Fido: You have received 53.45$ of overcharge.PLease click the following link in order to claim your funds

I have talked to Fido online and they said do not open the link that it’s a scam. They said Fido is working on it. 

Hey @RyguyW

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing the info Smiley

Note that you can also send the message to the number 7726 to report it as SPAM

forestd

I just wanted to report a surprisingly sophisticated phishing scam.

I received the following message from +14377772884:

"Hi, it's Fido: Take advantage of our new $75 promotion by linking your amazon account to your fido profile: [phishing link redacted]"

The phishing message seems pretty standard, the link looked sketchy and there were some grammar mistakes. The thing that caught me off guard was that it came from a legitimate Fido phone number. This was the same number that had previously been used to text me about my bookings with Fido technicians.

The link of course leads to a spoofed Amazon login page that will steal your credentials.

Picture:

fidoscam.png

How could this happen? Seems very irresponsible of Fido to have this vulnerability.

villy17

I just got this as well, very strange.

Hey there @forestd and @villy17 !

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Thanks for your vigilance and for informing the community about this scam! They are indeed getting more and more creative, so it's super important to stay careful before clicking any links from a text message.

You can forward the SMS to our anti-fraud department at 7726 (SCAM) and check out our blog post on how to recognize a text phishing scam.

Monofal1973
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi anyone knows what is this text that i just received and if this is legit or spam .

Hi, it's Fido: Take advantage of our new 75$ promotion by linking your amazon account to your fido profile: www.interalert.info/amaz

Hey there @Monofal1973

Thanks for informing the community about this scam!

Head to this page to find out how to recognize phishing attempts via text.

rnmartin

This is a scam text message I receivedThis is a scam text message I received

Thanks for reporting @rnmartin! I moved your post to this thread as it's dedicated to reporting these types of messages Smiley

Be sure to forward it to the number 7726 (SPAM) so our team can look into it.

QuietMonsters

Just a quick note: I just received a text saying that 'Fido Solutions Inc. sent you funds via Interac. Visit www.instansolutionsinc.com.'
I did not click on link as I think it is a scam. It is a scam, correct?
Thanks, Ann

ps the # it came from is 1-306-262-1858

Hello QuietMonsters,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the information! That is most definitely a SPAM scam. You can copy and forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) for evaluation and hopefully added to the SPAM filter (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Lijo4u
I'm a participant level 2

Similar issues  I found in internet

https://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/248999925/

do do you guys have any information??

Hey @Lijo4u,

Welcome to our Community!

I moved your post on this existing thread since it's on the same subject, you can find more info here!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello,

I already reported this SMS to 7726, but posting here for the benefit of the community...

Screenshot_2018-03-31-01-06-18.png

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Jofos

I believe I have received a text sent as a fraud from the number 3062616308.

The text says:

INTERAC: FlDO SoIutions lnc. sent you funds. Visit: www.requestfundlink.com

I have yet to click on the link, but any help in fraud recognition is helpful.

Hey @Jofos

Thank you for flagging this.

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject.

You can check the solution above to see what to do when you receive this type of message on your phone.

kibeom03

Hello, I just received a text message saying, 

"Fido sent you a transfer due to an error in your phone bill. Click here: http://mobile-host7456.com/"

and I get strong feeling that this is a scam. It is from the number 14184360346.

Hey @kibeom03 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to this thread since it was about the same subject.

You will find the answer your are looking for on the solution from this thread Smiley