Error: This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number.

I'm a Participant Level 1 jabraham
I'm a Participant Level 1

Error: This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number.

Trying to link my Spotify account via FidoHub, and receiving the following error message:

ATTENTION!
This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number. Try a different account, or create a new one.

Any clue on what I can do to fix this? I don't really want to have to make a new Spotify account.

***Edited to add labels***

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 189
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Re: Error: This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number.

Hey jabraham!

Is it possible that you have another line with us that's subscribed to Spotify Premium with the same Spotify account you're trying to use? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 189
I'm a Participant Level 1 jaygss

Re: Error: This Spotify account is already associated with another phone number.

Hi, a few days ago I got this text message:
Hi, it's Fido: Here's the update we promised on that billing issue. It's been fixed and your new account number from here on is XXXXXXXXX. Two things: You'll need to register again at fido.ca. And if you've already activated your free Spotify Premium subscription, you may need to re-activate it. Go to bit.ly/ActivateSpotify for instructions.

Anyhow, now I can't associate my Spotify account with my phone anymore. Same error as the person who initiated this thread. I guess it is because my account number changed...

How can I disassociate a phone number to a Spotify account to be able to associate my 'new' account number to my spotify account?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 189

Hey jaygss and welcome to the Community Smiley

I'll help you get this sorted out.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 189
I'm a Participant Level 1 the_last_magnus

Hi, I am currently having the same problem. Would you mind sending me a PM as well? Thanks Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 189

Hey the_last_magnus!

I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 189
I'm a Participant Level 1 JG1234

Hello! This is also the problem I am having! Can you help me out as well? Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 189

Hey JG1234 and welcome to the Comunity Smiley

This shouldn't happen.

I would like to take a look at your account to make sure everything's OK with your Spotify subscription.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon !!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 189
I'm a Participant Level 1 demian

Hey I'm having this same problem anyway I can get some support

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 189

Hey demain. 

I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 189