cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My text messages don't always go through

HelenWi
I'm a contributor level 1

Over the past couple of months a few people don't receive my text messages.  Other people do receive my messages.  Not sure what could be the problem.  I receive their messages consistently.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Helen

9 REPLIES 9

HelenWi

It isn't carrier specific as both Bell and Rogers are affected.

Hello again @HelenWi, I believe this issue is something related to the carrier (Fido) as a family friend of mine reached out to me last night regarding this problem and that person is using a Samsung phone, while they can send RCS messages it seems regular SMS is the problem and they can not even send a regular SMS to themselves.  

The problem was replicated when they tried using another device so it's with the SIM card or the network, they are going to speak to customer service I can update if anything gets done.

Maybe @FidoSolutions can look into this.

HelenWi

Thanks for the update.  I'll be interested to hear what the reply is from Fido.

Helen

Hello again @HelenWi, My friend contacted me and said they did not get to contact customer service but the issue resolved itself after 4 days, which makes me believe this was still a network issue.

HelenWi

Thanks for the update. I will test my phone over the next few days and see what happens.

HelenWi

Yes the problem seems resolved. Thanks.

HelenWi

I have a Pixel 6a.  So far it seems the people who don't get my messages have iphones.

HelenWi

Update it's not phone specific--turns certain iphone users and certain android users don't get my messages, but other do!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @HelenWi,

What is the make and model of the device you are using? Do you know what device the other person who is not receiving your text messages is using? It could be possible that the issue is with the other person and not you. 

Try sending a text message to yourself and see if it works.