cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Black Friday offers!

RANEESH
I'm a participant level 3

:police_car_light: Beware of Black Friday offers! :police_car_light: I signed up for a Fido plan on Nov 23 at CellularPoint (3495 Lawrence Ave, Cedarbrae Mall, Scarborough) with agent Dimpy Gupta. Thought I got a great deal - $34 CAD for 1000 mins to India. But my bill was a shocking $560 CAD! 😱

Called Fido, turns out I was charged for 700 mins of calls I thought were included. No agreement given at sign-up. Now, as an unemployed international student, I'm stuck with a bill I can't afford. Running between the store and Fido calls, but no resolution yet.

Can Fido step up and fix this? It's a nightmare! 😓 Lost sleep over this.

#Fido  #BillingIssue  #StudentStruggles  #HelpNeeded

📞 Raneesh Pandarakottil Khaja Moinudheen -

3 REPLIES 3

RANEESH

i got response from twitter -Gotcha, thank you for clarifying! I did go over the deals we were offering at the time of the activation and I do see this was part of most in store deals. I did notice that your line currently has the add on that provides 1000 long distance minutes to select countries such as India. However this seems to have been added in the middle of your cycle. The days before this was added the long distance calls were billed at regular rate That being said, I was able to adjust these for you and the adjustment should show on your account within the next 2 business days. I also left a note under the interaction ID I2157273229 on your account to confirm this as well. -Lony

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @RANEESH,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the bill shock, since you did this at a store Fidocustomer service would not have access to the contract that you signed in the store and if the agent did not set it up correctly they would not be able to do anything.

The agent at the store should have given you a paper copy of the transaction or sometimes they email it, you would need to go back to that location and have them fix it and they can call support themselves if they require assistance in getting it resolved but you will need to deal with the store.

RANEESH

store is not supporting