cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not connecting to device (Xbox)

BrooklynG03
I'm a participant level 2

I have an Xbox which I have never used under fido before, it's blocking the device and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've had so many issues with fido and have only been with them a few months now. I haven't been able to find any information on this problem either, any advice? I'd really love to use my console 

6 REPLIES 6

bakedcorn
I'm a contributor level 1

Have you checked your router to see if the MAC address of the XBOX is not filtered or blocked?

What type of Wi-Fi do you have set up, i.e. is it the Fido router with Wi-Fi enabled or are you connecting via Wi-Fi via some other personal device?  For example, I have a mesh setup at home.  The pucks are connected to the internet providers router however I disabled their Wi-Fi on their router.

BrooklynG03

@bakedcorn wrote:

Have you checked your router to see if the MAC address of the XBOX is not filtered or blocked?

What type of Wi-Fi do you have set up, i.e. is it the Fido router with Wi-Fi enabled or are you connecting via Wi-Fi via some other personal device?  For example, I have a mesh setup at home.  The pucks are connected to the internet providers router however I disabled their Wi-Fi on their router.

Honestly I've been trying to figure out how to do the MAC stuff but haven't found info on where to look etc. It's set up as wifi though the actual router.

@BrooklynG03 are you using the Fido modem/router or are you using your own that is connected to the Fido modem, on the XBOX try forgetting the WiFi connection and reconnect again if it's still not working then you will need to log in to the router and check the security settings the login information should be at the back of the Fido modem and if that password at the back does not work then it should be the same password you used for the WiFi.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @BrooklynG03 ,

Welcome to the community!

Are you trying to connect through WiFi or Ethernet cable?

What exactly happens when you try to connect? Do you get an errors or prompts?

BrooklynG03

I'm trying through wifi to avoid moving things for a ethernet cable. What happens is when I try to connect it'll just not connect after a minute or two of trying. When i test my connection it'll say 100% signal but have all of the results come up as blocked

bakedcorn

If its blocked, then its either blocked on the Rogers modem providing the Wi-Fi services or on your internal network Wi-Fi.

For example, I have a wireless mesh set up whereby the individual pucks or access points are directly connected to the Rogers modem via a switch whereby Wi-Fi is disabled on the Rogers modem.  These access points can either allow or block devices on the internal network.

Questions:

1.  Is your Xbox connected via Wi-Fi to the Rogers modem?  

2.  Have you checked the firewall settings on the Rogers modem?

3.  Can you physically connect your Xbox directly to the Rogers modem?

4.  Have you reset the network settings on your Xbox?

5.  Have you reset the Model amd Xbox altogether?

6.  You can also try this:

Clear your MAC address and restart your console, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear

Smiley